Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style).
Nowdays, you should can produce Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style)
- It’s 1 pack (1.5 lbs) of Organic Free Ranch Chicken Thighs – Cut into small/medium size pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of Red Onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare of Cashew paste (Soak 5 to 6 cashews in 1/4 cup water for few minutes and grind it to make a fine paste).
- Prepare 2 stems of curry leaves.
- You need handful of chopped cilantro.
- You need 5-6 of green chilli – depending on the spice level.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed pepper.
- Prepare of few drops of lime/lemon juice.
Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style) step by step
- Marinate chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and few drops of lemon juice and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and keep it aside for 15minutes or so.This will make the chicken tender.
- In a pan, add two tbsp of coconut oil. Add chopped/crushed ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and curry leaves (1 to 2 stem) and saute it till the raw smell is gone..
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped onion into it and saute until onion becomes transparent. Add all the powders except crushed pepper powder and fry well. Next, add chopped tomatoes (1 cup approx.). Saute everything well and add some water. Cook the mixture till everything becomes a smooth paste..
- Add chicken into it,saute it .Add salt if needed Add half cup of water into it and cook for another 20 minutes or till chicken is cooked..
- Add cashew nut paste into it and mix well..
- Turn off the heat. Garnish it with some crushed pepper and cilantro leaves ..
- Serve hot with Rice or Roti..