Chicken vindaloo. Stir in the tomato paste until no lumps of paste remain. Add the chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, chicken broth, wine vinegar, and bay leaf. Add the garlic and onion to the pan and sauté until golden brown.
The Portuguese brought a similar dish to India, which eventually led to the origin of Vindaloo. Vindaloo comes from a Portuguese dish "Carne de Vinha d'Alhos," which literary means a dish made of meat (usually pork) and cooked with wine. Chicken vindaloo recipe is tangy, sweet and hot curry with gravy. Nowdays, you should can boil Chicken vindaloo using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Chicken vindaloo
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Brest.
- It’s 8 oz of Can Of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of Vindaloo Seasoning. Most Spice Stores Will Have This. If Not Mix Coriander,garlic,cumin,ginger,cinnamon,mustard,cayenne,jalapeño, Cardamom,turmeric, Black Pepper And Cloves..
- Prepare 4 of Cubed Potatoes.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
Vindaloo curry recipe is from Goan cuisine and also very popular in Maharastra state of India. Vindaloo recipe was originally created by the Portuguese. For the vindaloo: Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, bay leaves, chile pepper, ginger, onions and the remaining curry spice blend.
Chicken vindaloo step by step
- Brown the cubed potatoes and set aside..
- Brown the chicken, add it to a soup pot.
- Mince and brown the onion.
- Mix tomato sauce and vindaloo seasoning into a paste. You can add more or less of the seasoning depending on how spicy you want it..
- Add the paste to the onion and mix it in.
- Add the water, salt,and vinegar. Stir to combine, pour over the meat..
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 min.
- Add potatoes cook uncovered over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
A recipe for the popular spicy Indian dish, this spicy, tangy chicken vindaloo curry is a quick and easy kitchen staple. My version is wonderfully fiery, though you can easily adjust the heat and spice to your preference. If you are a spicy food lover like I am, you need to give your taste buds a treat and try this amazing Chicken Vindaloo Recipe. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Chicken vindaloo recipe with video & step by step photos.