Healthy Risotto With Carrots, Tomatoes, Chicken.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Healthy Risotto With Carrots, Tomatoes, Chicken using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Risotto With Carrots, Tomatoes, Chicken
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 large of White Onion.
- It’s 3 large of carrots.
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Brown rice.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Parmesan cheese.
Healthy Risotto With Carrots, Tomatoes, Chicken instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan on low heat. Begin to finely chop the onion and add to the pan when simmering.
- Let the onions and carrots sauté together for 10 minutes, turning the heat up to a medium flame. Add some water to the pan if starting to brown..
- While the onions are sautéing, finely chop the 4 carrots. Add to the pan once the onions turn translucent..
- Finely chop the 4 tomatoes and add to the pan along with 2 tsp of salt.
- Let the onions, carrots and tomatoes cook together for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Chop the chicken breast into cubes and add to pan..
- Add 2 tall glasses of water to the pan.
- When chicken has turned white, add the brown rice to the vegetable mixture..
- Let the rice cook for 30 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- Add extra water if needed. When the rice is fully cooked and all the water is absorbed, it's ready to serve.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of desired.