Chicken pesto pasta salad. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house.
This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad. Add some chopped yellow summer squash or add some grated carrots. Nowdays, you should can produce Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It’s 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- You need 1 of medium sliced onion.
- It’s 2 large of chicken breasts.
- It’s 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- Prepare 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- You need 6 tbsp of pesto.
This chicken pesto pasta salad is light, healthy and packed with the perfect pesto flavor! Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for! It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish.
Chicken pesto pasta salad instructions
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
Summer pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, pine nuts, olives, peas, and cherry tomatoes. When it's the season for potluck barbecues, a quick and easy dish to prepare for a gathering is pesto pasta salad! Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top!