Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts. Southern Boiled Peanuts aren't your ordinary peanuts. These are a lovely, salty treat packed with flavor, are soft to the chew and are just fun to eat. Then, transfer them to the Instant Pot and add salt, cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy)… …and Zatartain's (if you.
I hope you find others you. They get perfectly tender, spicy, and seasoned during that time. With a cold beer they make a great game day snack. Nowdays, you should can boil Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts
- It’s 2 lbs of (green/raw) peanuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kosher sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tony seasoning.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 (48 oz) of beef both or chicken.
Boiled peanuts are an important part of southern food culture and they are the official state snack of my. These Instant Pot boiled peanuts have an interesting dill flavor that combines perfectly with cajun spice. I don't think everyone even knows what boiled peanuts are. Instant Pot boiled peanuts are a salty southern snack you can enjoy at home!
Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts step by step
- This is made for over the night, so start it when you go to bed..
- Add peanut and all ingredients, give it a good mix. Make sure the peanuts are covered with liquid and are floating, you can just add water if needed…. and don’t go over the fill line in the pot. You may have to use less peanuts depending on the pressure cooker or instant pot you are using..
- Cook on hi for 1 hr with a natural release, leave on for over night it will go in to keep warm..
- When checking on them they next day, see if they are done, every peanut is different from what I hear.. if they are not done, add 30 more mins on hi with a natural release….. (I added the 30, mins the next day, I checked them out gave them a good mix added some water if needed, and cooked for 30 or mins.).
- Notes- using chicken broth or beef, you will have a different flavor, I plan on trying them both and seeing what one I like better..
- Cheap way – use water not broth, I used water only, and half of the bottle of seasoning, and use table salt 🧂. (peanuts was 1.98 at Walmart, seasoning was 1.57 I think).
- This made me a little nervous 😬 on making them, I went to the website and seen their recipes they had one for boiled ones, this is why it’s cooked for overnight! And cooked an extra 30 minutes in the morning, I used a ninja foodie to make this in and it did stay on warm after the pressure released naturally and stayed on a over night, Iam unsure of other pressure cookers and instant pots….. before making please read on food safety if you never made raw peanuts/ boiled peanuts…..
You can also make Instant Pot Cajun boiled peanuts, if you like to take a walk on the spicy side! At the recommendation of some of my readers, I also made Instant Pot Hawaiian boiled peanuts, which were totally new to. Classic cajun boiled peanuts with cajun seasoning, garlic, and hot peppers made quick & easy in the Instant Pot. Boiled peanuts practically had their own place in the food pyramid. They were sold at every child's sports game, in the mall, and even out of the back of pickup trucks on the side of the road.