French Onion Soup.
Nowdays, you should can have French Onion Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- It’s 4 of Brown Onions *thinly sliced.
- It’s 30 g of Butter *OR Olive Oil 2 tablespoons.
- It’s 4 cups of Chicken/Beef/Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White Wine *optional.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 8 slices of Baguette (French Stick).
- It’s of Tasty Cheese OR Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup each serving *grated.
French Onion Soup instructions
- Place Onion and Butter in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with a large plate. Heat for 3 minutes, mix, and heat 2 more minutes. Mix and heat extra 2 more minutes..
- Carefully transfer the onion to a large sauce pan or a pot, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, turn down the heat if needed, until caramelised and browned..
- Add Stock and Wine (*optional), and bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper..
- Preheat the over to 200C or the grill on medium-high. Divide the soup to oven-safe serving bowls and place 2 slices of bread in each bowl. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bread..
- Place the bowls on the baking tray, cook in the oven or under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden..
- Remove carefully from the oven or the grill, and let cool for a few minutes otherwise you will burn your tongue! Serve on heatproof small plate..