One pot rice cooker chicken biryani. Traditional chicken biryani is made by layering marinated chicken and then layered with parboiled rice, herbs,saffron milk & then ghee. The recipe shared here in this post details a short cut method to make a simple one pot delicious chicken biryani in a pressure cooker or a pot. Instant Pot Indian Chicken biryani is a one-pot biryani in your pressure cooker that tastes so authentic, you won't believe you made this in one step!
This popular Indian Chicken and Rice is so tasty, flavorful & comforting to eat. Pressure Cook Chicken Biryani: Add the browned chicken with all its juice back to the Instant Pot, then add in the well drained rice. QUICK CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE This one-pot chicken biryani is a quick version of the classic Indian biryani. Nowdays, you should can have One pot rice cooker chicken biryani using 32 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of One pot rice cooker chicken biryani
- You need of Marinated chicken.
- Prepare 400 g of diced chicken thigh fillet.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3 of garlic clove minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger minced.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of tumeric.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground corinader.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of basmati rice.
- It’s 350 ml of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fried shallots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh coriander, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Star anise.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 2 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s 50 grams of ghee or unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s of Chopped fresh mint and coriander.
- It’s of Fried shallots.
A savory rice dish made with elegant basmati rice, Indian spices and caramelized onions in a yogurt-based marinade, that keeps this chicken tender and juicy. Can I use a regular cooking pot instead of pressure cooker? What's the purpose of pressure cooker bcoz chicken easily get cook not like beef or any other meat. I love biryani with chicken that is cooked tender and moist while the rice is fluffy with each grain seperated.
One pot rice cooker chicken biryani step by step
- Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients together in a bowl, cover and rest for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Rinse basmati rice 3 times and then soak for 15 minutes and drain water.
- Place the marinated chicken in the bottom of the rice cooker bowl ensuring it is evenly spread across the base.
- Top the chicken with the fresh mint, coriander, chilli, and fried shallots..
- Later on top with drained rice, water, oil, salt, Star anise, clove, bay leaf, cardamom pod..
- Set rice cooker to cook or white rice mode depending on your model. Should take 40 minutes..
- When the rice cooker is complete, open and remove the dried spices and add the garnish ingredients. Close the lid and let it steam further under the keep warm function for another 10 minutes..
- Fluff the top layer of rice and scoop to the very bottom to get a mix of rice and chicken. Serve hot with raita..
Chicken Biryani in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This is a one-pot Chicken Biryani, with fragrant rice and tender chicken pieces cooked in spices and caramelized onions. When this biryani was cooking, the whole house had the fragrance of the amazing something cooking in the pot. Chicken biryani is a dish for celebration. If you need to feed a crowd or are hosting a dinner party, this is a dish to make that will greet your guest with the scent of a delicious meal to come — a meal that you made in a slow cooker.