Indian Butter Chicken.
Nowdays, you should can produce Indian Butter Chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Indian Butter Chicken
- It’s 2-3 pieces of boneless chicken breast.
- You need of Rice or Bread for sides.
- It’s of Milk or Cream.
- You need of Plain yoghurt.
- It’s of Tomato paste.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder or cayenne pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (I use Himalayan Pink salt).
- You need of Gravy.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter or ghee or olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato puree or tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of milk or cream.
Indian Butter Chicken step by step
- First, cut chicken breast into small to medium size dice bites. Prepare the marinated and mix all together in a bowl before putting in the chicken..
- Put in the chicken and mix again until even..
- Marinate the chicken for 24 hours but if you don’t have time, 30 mins to an hour should be enough for the chicken to absorb the spices..
- Heat 1 tbsp butter or ghee on the pan (high heat) and fry the chicken for more or less 5 mins. The chicken will not browned because of the marinate..
- Take it out of the pan, and fry again for the second time for another 5 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked..
- Add on 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to the chicken, milk or cream, sugar and salt. Turn down the heat to low and simmer it for around 20 minutes..
- Taste it if it needs more salt or any other spices. Garnish with left over cream and some cilantros..