Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). Kothu Parotta is the popular street food of Tamil Nadu. It is the best dish to make with leftover parottas. Try this amazing recipe and give us your.
This makes a hearty spicy breakfast, perfect for winter mornings. While traditionally, Kothu Parota is made using the refined flour based Malabar Parota, my version is. Kothu Parotta is a very popular dish in southern districts of Tamil Nadu. Nowdays, you should can produce Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread)
- It’s 2-3 of medium sized malabar parotta (I used sumeru frozen parotta).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onions (purple or white).
- Prepare 1 of /2 cup chicken curry gravy (Please check out my recipe for "Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry".
- It’s 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- You need 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need of salt as required.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon/lime juice.
It is a minced parotta with egg and salna(a spicy gravy). To begin making the Malabar/Kerala Parotta recipe, in a mixing bowl or a food processor, add the maida, ghee, milk, sugar. Kothu Parotta just means it's 'minced' or 'beaten-up' Parotta…and there are a lot of variations to this wonderful dish that you can just whip up and impress everyone. Click here and prepare parottas from scratch or cook the frozen.
Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) instructions
- Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction.You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside..
- In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and sau·té it well. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Next add chilly powder, chopped cilantro,curry leaves, crushed pepper powder. Sau·té everything well for a minute or so till the raw smell of masala goes..
- Add two eggs,mix well. Wait for the eggs to cook a little bit (3/4 cook). Add the chopped parotta pieces into this.Add a pinch of salt.Mix everything well..
- Add half cup of chicken curry (gravy) into the parotta mixture and mix well. Please checkout my chicken curry recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/706475-kerala-style-spicy-chicken-curry?ref=channel..
- Remove bones from the chicken pieces if any and cut/mince the chicken pieces(from the curry).Add this to the masala mixture..
- Mix everything well.Add more salt if required. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.The parotta peices needs to be soaked a little bit in the masala mixture..
- Serve hot..
Egg Kothu Parotta Famous recipe among all the peoples of south india. It isbest way to use up leftover rotis or paratha. Kothu Parotta is a lick smacking recipe from South India. It is made by tearing Parotta into small pieces and then sauteing with onions, eggs. Kothu parotta is the famous street food item over here.