Chicken Stew – Kerala Style.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Chicken Stew – Kerala Style using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew – Kerala Style
- You need 250-300 gm of chicken on bones, curry cut.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw papaya, cubed.
- You need 1 of carrot, cubed.
- You need 8-10 of beans, cut.
- Prepare 5-6 of mushrooms, diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of green peas.
- It’s 2 & 1/2 cups of thin coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp. of coconut paste.
- You need 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1-2 of star anise.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- You need 2 of fresh green chilies, slit.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of coriander leaves.
Chicken Stew – Kerala Style step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves and star anise..
- Add ginger, garlic, onion & curry leaves. Saute till the onion is translucent..
- Add the chicken, veggies and green chilies. Give it a mix..
- Add the thin coconut milk, salt and pepper. Simmer on a low flame till everything is nicely cooked..
- Add the thick coconut milk and coconut paste. Give it a stir and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with appam, idiyappam or just plain steamed rice..