Chicken Curry Kerala style.
Nowdays, you should can produce Chicken Curry Kerala style using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry Kerala style
- You need 1 kg of Chicken -.
- You need 3 of Onion big cut into slices.
- It’s 3 of Tomatoes small cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 to 3 sprigs of Curry leaves -.
- You need of For the masala paste.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of Whole Coriander seeds-.
- You need 3 of Whole dry chilli- (adjust to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Ginger & Garlic – chopped roughly.
- Prepare 1 small bowl of Coconut-.
- It’s 5 to 7 of Pepper corns -.
- You need 1 tspn of Fennel seeds-.
- Prepare of For the marination:-.
- Prepare 3 to 4 tbspns of Curd-.
- It’s to taste of Salt & the ground paste.
- You need 2-1/2 tbsp to 3 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder-.
- It’s 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste) of Red chilli powder-.
- You need 1 tspn (adjust to taste) of Everest chicken masala -.
- Prepare as needed of Water for cooking.
- Prepare of For extra spice use more green chillies.
Chicken Curry Kerala style step by step
- Take a big vessel and put the chicken pieces in it then wash it properly a few times….Then drain and keep it aside…..
- Now take a small kadai put little oil in it…And when hot add the dry red chilli….Put coriander seeds and give a nice stir till you get a nice aroma….Then add fennel seeds,pepper corns,chopped ginger & garlic pieces,curry leaves & fresh coconut…Then mix well..Let it cool for 2 minutes…Then grind it and make a paste of it….And keep aside..
- Now in that vessel put curd,the chicken pieces,salt and the ground paste….And marinate it for about 1 hour atleast….
- Later on keep this same vessel on the gas…Let it cook….Do not pour water too much….Chicken pieces give out water….so be careful….Cover with a lid and let it cook for a few minutes about 10 to 12…Check in between….If it is cooked…Or else pour some more water…And cook again till soft and done..
- In the meantime…Take a tadka pan..Put little oil in that pan….
- Put sliced onions,curry leaves and saute well…Then add all the dry masalas…That is turmeric powder,red chilli powder…and everest chicken masala…Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 minutes…Turn off the gas…..
- Pour this fried mix over the cooked chicken…Mix well…if not done cook the chicken again for a few minutes more….serve hot with chapati or rice…Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Enjoy this chicken gravy….This is the pic I have….Direct from the kadai.. Here I have made with only chicken legs….