Kerala Style Pepper chicken.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Kerala Style Pepper chicken using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Kerala Style Pepper chicken
- Prepare of Marination.
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- You need 1 Teaspoons of pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Masala.
- You need 2 of Onions (medium).
- You need 3/4 Tablespoons of ginger crushed.
- Prepare 3/4 Tablespoons of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 3 of green chilli slit lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Tablespoons of black pepper Whole.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoons of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 spring of curry leaves.
- You need 3/4 Teaspoon of fennel powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Small Thin square size coconut slices (optional).
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar (optional).
- It’s of salt.
Kerala Style Pepper chicken step by step
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Crush the whole black pepper and keep it aside.
- Thinly slice onions and green chilli. Grind ginger and garlic into a fine paste. Thinly slice coconut into square pieces.
- Heat 2 tsps oil in a pan and fry coconut pieces until it becomes golden brown colour. Keep it aside..
- In a kadai/pan, heat the oil. When hot enough, add onions and curry leaves and saute well..
- When the onions are brown, add the ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute well till the aromatics release their flavor..
- Add garam masala, fennel powder and crushed black pepper. Saute well..
- Add marinated chicken pieces and stir around till the chicken pieces are well coated with the masalas.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.After that open the lid and cook until the water evaporates..
- Add 2 – 3 tsps oil and saute it until it gets roasted/fried well. If you like extra sourness, add vinegar.