Kerala style chicken roast.
Nowdays, you should can produce Kerala style chicken roast using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Kerala style chicken roast
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare of For the marination:.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar / lemon juice.
- You need 1" of piece ginger.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3-5 of green chillies.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 3 of medium onions.
- Prepare of For roasting:.
- You need 1 of large tomato (blanch it, remove skin & make puree).
- Prepare 2 of green chillies slit.
- You need 3 sprigs of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1 of Juice of lemon.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Oil.
Kerala style chicken roast step by step
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium sized pieces..
- Make a paste of all the ingredients under marination and marinate the chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for an hour..
- Cut onions into very thin slices & fry in hot oil. Drain them & keep aside..
- Fry the chicken pieces in the same oil until almost done. Keep the pan covered so that the chicken does not get browned, but is cooked inside. Drain them and keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in another pan (You can use the same oil in which we fried the chicken pieces. This will enhance the flavour). Add slit green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 1 minute..
- Add the tomato paste to this and sauté for 1 minute..
- Now add the prepared chicken & roast until it is dry..
- Make sure that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the tomato paste..
- Sprinkle garam masala and pepper powder and mix well..
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Check for salt. Add a little if needed..
- Now add the fried onions and mix well..
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves..