Kerala chicken curry.
Nowdays, you should can make Kerala chicken curry using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala chicken curry
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken curry cut.
- Prepare 1-2 inch pieces of Ginger.
- It’s 8-10 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fennel seed.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of vinegar.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 5-6 tablespoon of Coconut oil.
- It’s a handful of Curry leaves.
- It’s 1 of big onion chopped.
- You need 10-12 of shallots.
- You need 2 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Kerala chicken curry instructions
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder and vinegar for 1/2 hrs..
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic, green chilli, peppercorns and fennel seed..
- Heat coconut oil and add curry leaves into it. Fry a little..
- Add the masala paste. Fry till the raw smell gone..
- Add chopped onion along with some shallots. Fry till they are translucent..
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder..
- Mix the dry masalas well. Then add chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook..
- Once the tomatoes are mushy, add the marinated chicken pieces and mixed well..
- Add some green chilli and more curry leaves. Cover and cook..
- Add salt to taste. Add some hot water, some tomato pieces and cook till required consistency of the gravy..
- Tasty Kerala chicken curry is ready. Serve with some Malabar paratha..