Kerala Style Claypot Chicken Biryani.
Nowdays, you should can have Kerala Style Claypot Chicken Biryani using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Kerala Style Claypot Chicken Biryani
- You need 2 cups of Basmati rice.
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken cut into medium pieces.
- Prepare 3 of Onions thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 2 sticks of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- You need 4 of Cardamom pods.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need Handful of Coriander leaves- A handful, finely chopped.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of Ghee/clarified butter.
Kerala Style Claypot Chicken Biryani step by step
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, curd, & salt. Leave it aside for 1 hour..
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 mins. Boil water in a large vessel. Add salt and half of the whole spices. Once the water starts to boil, add the soaked rice and cook until the rice is 3/4th done..
- Heat a claypot over medium flame. Add ghee and fry the whole spices. Once the fresh aroma releases, add the sliced onions and green chilies. Saute until translucent and golden brown..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook well until soft and mushy. Add the marinated chicken and mix well. Cook on medium flame for 5 mins..
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally. Season to taste..
- Spread the semi-cooked rice over the chicken masala evenly. Sprinkle some ghee. Seal the claypot tightly using aluminium foil and place a lid over it..
- Cook on low flame for 25-30 mins. Remove from flame and leave it aside for another 10 mins. Gently fluff the rice. Serve with raita & pickle of your choice..