Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style).
Nowdays, you should can make Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style)
- You need 1.5 to 2.0 pounds of chicken Ingredients: (or about 3/4 kg ) of pieces cut.
- Prepare 1 inch of into about cube pieces, preferably with bone or.
- It’s of thigh if you are using boneless, use pieces.
- It’s 2 tsp of red chilli (cayenne pepper) powder (use 1tsp if you want it mild).
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt (or per taste).
- Prepare 2 of red onions medium size , thinly sliced.
- You need 1 and 1/2 tbsp of ginger About fresh , finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tbsp of garlic About fresh , finely chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies small , slit length-wise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut thinly sliced pieces.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves of fresh.
- Prepare 1 of tomato medium size , roughly chopped.
- You need 1 1 inch of potato Masala coriander Large chopped into cubes (spices) 3 tbsp powder.
- You need 6 – 8 of black pepper corns whole.
- Prepare 3 – 4 of cloves whole.
- Prepare 1 3/4 inch of cinnamon small stick of , about long.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel powder(optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil coconut oil For garnish (tadka) 1 tsp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of shallot pearl onion finely chopped or.
Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) step by step
- Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and wipe dry with a paper towel. Take a medium size cooking pot that has a tight-fitting lid and add the chicken pieces in it and then add the salt, red chilli powder and the turmeric powder and mix with your hands to coat the chicken well. Next add the finely sliced onions, the garlic, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and the coconut pieces..
- Next roast the coriander powder in a small frying pan on low to medium heat for about 2-3 minutes till you get the nice aroma. Add the coriander powder to the pot and also add all the other ingredients listed under Masala above..
- Now mix everything thoroughly using your hands – crunching the red onions with the coconut oil as you mix. Place the pot on the stove on medium heat covering with a lid. (Note that no water needs to be added). Open the lid after 5 minutes and stir with a spoon to make sure the chicken pieces are not getting stuck to the pot and again close the lid. continue to cook on low to medium heat for another 5 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes and again cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Ne….
- Heat the coconut oil and add the chopped shallot and cook on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes till they turn golden brown. Pour this tadka over the chicken and chicken curry is ready!.