Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style
- Prepare 250 gms of Pumpkin (cut).
- Prepare 1 cup of Toor dal.
- You need 1 no of Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 3 pcs of Garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of coconut Grated.
- Prepare 2 nos of chilles Green.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsps of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Chicken masala.
- It’s as required of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- You need 3 nos of chilles Dry red.
- You need 10 – 15 nos of Curry leaves.
Pumpkin and toor daal curry-Kerala style instructions
- Pressure cook dal with chilli powder,garam masala salt and turmeric for 1 whistle. let it cool.Then in to this cooker add the pumpkin pieces and pressure cook for one more whistle..
- Meanwhile add oil to a heating pan and add garlic and chillies.I usually add a lot of garlic as it enhances the taste.Once the raw smell goes add add onions and wait for it to turn brown..
- Now add chicken masala to it..
- Add the pressure cooked items to this pan and allow to mix well..
- Add the coconut gratings and mix well.Check for required salt level..
- In another pan heat some ghee and add mustard seeds.Let it splutter then add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Add this to the hot curry and serve..