Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot).
Nowdays, you should can make Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot)
- You need 2-4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 3 stalks of green onions.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Ginger slices to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- You need 3 inch of long piece of ginger, minced.
- It’s 4 of green onions, green sections minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Peanut oil.
Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) instructions
- Heat instant pot on the saute function and wait until hot.
- Add olive oil, then saute green onions, ginger, and garlic for several minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot, then add chicken legs.
- Close instant pot and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and natural release when done.
- When removing chicken legs, place them immediately in an ice bath, then on a cooling rack.
- Filter the chicken stock and use it to cook the rice.
- Ginger sauce: combine ginger and green onions with a food processor, or mince by hand and place in heat-resistant bowl. Add salt to taste… more is usually required than you would think..
- Heat enough peanut oil to completely cover mix to smoking point. Place bowl in the sink and pour hot peanut oil over top. Be careful, the oil will spatter!.
- Allow sauce to cool and pour off excess oil. If ginger still tastes too "raw," sauce can be further cooked in the microwave..