The Bahraini Madrouba.
Nowdays, you should can boil The Bahraini Madrouba using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of The Bahraini Madrouba
- It’s 1 kg of chicken breast, cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 cups of egyptian rice.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of large onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh coriander, minced.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of gulf spices, a mix of spices known as bharat khalijiyah.
- You need 1 tablespoon of loumi powder.
- It’s of black pepper to taste.
- You need of pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
The Bahraini Madrouba step by step
- Put the chicken pieces in a saucepan and pour enough water over the pieces to cover them. Place the saucepan over medium heat. When the water boils, reduce heat and remove the fatty liquid on the top..
- Fry the onions and garlic with oil in a saucepan over medium heat until they turn golden then add in the rice, tomatoes, green pepper and coriander. Stir the ingredients well..
- Add the rice and vegetables mixture to the saucepan then add the tomato paste, pepper and salt. Stir often so that the rice won’t stick in the bottom of the saucepan and the ingredients get mixed well..
- When the ingredients start to boil, cover the saucepan tightly and leave over low heat until the chicken is cooked. You can add more hot water and salt if the rice hasn’t cooked or softened yet..
- Hit the ingredients with a wooden spoon towards the sides of the saucepan (that’s why it is called Madrouba, which comes from the word “hit” in arabic) until the chicken combines with rice and all the ingredients become mashed and homogeneous. You can use a typical “madrab” or wooden garlic crusher instead of the wooden spoon..
- Pour the Madrouba in a serving bowl and serve hot..