Saudi Chicken Kabsa. Fragrant basmati rice is topped with chicken pieces cooked in a tomato sauce with aromatic spices, and garnished with toasted Reviews for: Photos of Al Kabsa – Traditional Saudi Rice and Chicken. Learn how to make Chicken Kabsa recipe. Very easy step by step saudi kabsa video tutorial.
Chicken Kabsa Recipe can be made with many variations. Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. Use chicken for this recipe, my others have lamb instead. Nowdays, you should can make Saudi Chicken Kabsa using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how the way you make it.
Ingredients of Saudi Chicken Kabsa
- It’s 500 grams of chicken.
- It’s 300 grams of basmati rice.
- You need 2 of onions sliced.
- You need 2 of tomato(puree).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cardamom.
- Prepare 6 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of dry lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of clove powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated carrot.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of almond(peeled).
- It’s 2 tbsp of cashew.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
Chicken Kabsa recipe is a chicken and rice dinner that is full of Middle Eastern flavors. Kabsa is an amazingly flavored rice dish that can be made with chicken, beef or lamb. Kabsa is a chicken and rice main course dish that is popular not just in Saudi Arabia but across the My family loves Kabsa. My seven year old has tried it a few times and he often remarks that he can.
Saudi Chicken Kabsa step by step
- Soak rice for 30 minutes..
- Melt butter and pour oil in a kadai,add bay leaves,cardamom, cinnamon sticks,cloves,dry lemon and onions..
- Once the onion turns golden brown, add chopped ginger and garlic (don't add paste)salt,lemon zest and chicken pieces. Close and cook for 5-8 minutes..
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, cloves powder and nutmeg powder..
- Add tomato puree and grated carrot,saute and cook for 5-10 minutes..
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken from kadhai and shift to baking tray to grill.
- Now add soaked rice and water (1:2 ratio).
- Close and cook till the rice is completely cooked..
- Meanwhile grill in 200 degree C for 30 minutes and toss in butter..
- Heat a piece of charcoal chunks in heat and place it in a small bowl and pour oil,once it started emitting flame keep the bowl in grilled chicken bowl and close for 5 minutes to get the smokey flavour..
- Finally keep the chicken on top of rice kadhai..
- Keep the kadhai on top of a tawa to dum for 15 minutes..
- Fry the almonds and cashews in ghee..
- Saudi chicken kabsa(national dish of Saudi Arabia)is ready,garnish with fried nuts and serve..
This Kabsa is a Saudi dish of chicken or lamb and rice. I think it is Saudi Arabia's national dish I cut up the chicken and quickly broil it to crisp up the skin. Weeknight Kabsa usually does away with the. There are many kinds of kabsa and each kind has a uniqueness about it. Pre-mixed kabsa spices are now available under several brand names.