Chicken and pork adobo. Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork. Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines. Almost all meat, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked using the inadobo method.
Adobo is the signature dish of the Philippines. Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. This easy, savory chicken dish has become a staple in my home. Nowdays, you should can have Chicken and pork adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Chicken and pork adobo
- It’s 4 pieces of chicken (legs or thighs), bone-in and skin-on.
- You need 1 lb of boneless pork shoulder steak, cut into 1 in strips.
- You need 1 1/2 heads of garlic (about 18 cloves) peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/6 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/6 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
As this simmers, your kitchen fills with an intoxicating sweet and sour aroma that will leave you anxious to eat. Let your guests know that there are. Add soy sauce, water, peppercorns, chicken, vinegar, broth, garlic, and bay. How to cook Chicken and Pork Adobo.
Chicken and pork adobo step by step
- Throw all the ingredients into a medium pot. Add a 1/2 cup water and several grinds of freshly cracked pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes, mixing occasionally so all the meat has a chance to soak in the marinade..
- Put the pot on medium heat. Add enough water to almost submerge the meat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour until the pork is tender..
- Carefully remove the chicken and pork. Strain the sauce and skim the layer of oil floating on top. Put the pot on medium-high heat and return the sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce while you crisp the meat..
- Put a medium pan on high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and lay the chicken and pork pieces in. Let fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn over to crisp the other side. Serve with rice, with the sauce on the side..
In a pressure cooker over medium heat, heat oil. Add and brown chicken and pork pieces in batches. Return all the meat, including any juices, back into the pot. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover and lock lid, lowering heat.