Air Fryer Salisbury Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy. You guys, this salisbury steak with mushroom onion gravy is SO GOOD. For extra gravy use a large family size can of cream of mushroom and stir in a bit of water or milk to loosen, bring to a boil, add If you don't already have an air fryer, this Copper Chef Crisper Tray is your solution for the oven. Place steak in your IP Pour over gravy mix.
Stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits. Reduce heat, cover and cook until onions and Return patties to skillet and turn to coat with gravy. Serve, with remaining gravy, over mashed potatoes. Nowdays, you should can prepare Air Fryer Salisbury Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Air Fryer Salisbury Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare to taste of lots fresh ground black pepper, or.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, for searing beef patties.
- Prepare of For the Mushroom Gravy.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of flour, depending on how thick you like your gravy.
- You need 3 cups of broth (beef, chicken or vegetable).
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
Round out meal with green peas. Hamburger steak with onion and mushroom gravy makes a classic, simple recipe. Pour into mushrooms and onions and let simmer for a bit until it thickens and forms a gravy. At this stage, you can either add your hamburger steak back to the pan with your gravy or keep the two separate like I.
Air Fryer Salisbury Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy step by step
- In large bowl mix together all the steak ingredients (beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper). Shape into 4 oval patties..
- NuWave AF: Spray Wire Tray with nonstick Olive oil. Brown both sides of patties (about 4 minutes per side) and the remove from air fryer. (Follow PIC steps).
- Heat large pan over 275°F (medium-high) heat and then add oil. Brown both sides of patties (about 1 minute per side) and then remove from the pan..
- Keep same pan and beef juices over 275°F (medium high) heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until onions are golden and excess mushroom liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes..
- Add garlic and butter. Cook for about 1 minute..
- Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring to remove lumps. Add about 1/2 – 1 cup of beef stock, whisking until incorporated..
- Slowly pour in the remaining broth and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (the saltiness and flavors will concentrate some when it reduces down)..
- Once gravy starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Stirring often, medium low 175°F (simmer) until the gravy starts to thicken, about 5-10 minutes. Add salisbury steak patties back into the gravy and cook until the steak patties are cooked to your preferred doneness (usually about 5-10 minutes), stirring the gravy occasionally around the steaks. Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper, if desired..
- 9. Serve the steaks topped with the mushroom sauce. They are excellent over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes with broccoli buttered cream style sweet corn!.
I combined the Salisbury steak from one recipe and the gravy from another and made this hearty, filling, easy meal. Mashed potatoes make a great accompaniment, I suggest making Sauté onion rings and mushrooms til tender. Stir flour into pan, scraping bottom of pan. This hearty main dish is a favorite at our house. Serve patties and gravy over noodles.