Nowdays, you should can have Chicken Tinola using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tinola
- Prepare 10 of chicken drummettes.
- It’s 1 knob of ginger; sliced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, cut into wedges.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic; chopped.
- You need 2 of chayotes; cut into 2” chunks.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 cube of Chicken bouillon.
- You need to taste of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of chili; I used Thai chili but Serrano is preferred.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nomnompaleo’s Magic Mushroom Powder (optional).
Chicken Tinola instructions
- Prep your ingredients..
- Sauté your onions in a little oil first. Then add your garlic until fragrant/translucent. (Don’t burn em!).
- Heat up the chicken until it’s no longer pink..
- Fillerup with water! Add 1 chicken bouillon cube. Once it comes to a rolling boil, reduce the heat to med and cover..
- At around 15mins, skim off the oil at the top. Add in the chayote and a whole chili. When cutting your chayote, you wanna make sure you cut off all the white part. It’s tough to eat!.
- Keep boiling on med heat for another 15mins or until the chayote is tender..
- Add in some freshly ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp of magic mushroom powder. This stuff takes it to another level!.
- Turn off the heat, add in your handfuls of spinach, and fish sauce to taste. I started with 3 tbsp fish sauce, and adjusted as needed. Enjoy!.