Chicken adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Nowdays, you should can produce Chicken adobo using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of onions, yellow.
- You need 1/2 lb. of bok choy.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli.
- You need 2 of onions, green.
- Prepare 8-10 oz. of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of biodynamic extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of + 3/4 cups water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf, whole.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white arborio rice.
- Prepare To taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! There are four main traditional cooking methods using vinegar that are still widely prevalent in the Philippines today: kinilaw (raw seafood in vinegar and spices), paksiw. Chicken Adobo is a tangy, salty, sweet, and spicy Filipino dish. This meal is easy to make and You can never have too many chicken recipes and this Chicken Adobo is a keeper!
Chicken adobo step by step
- Prepare the Ingredients: Dice the onion. Rinse and roughly chop the bok choy. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Rinse and dice the green onions. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces..
- Make the Chicken Adobo: Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat..
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes..
- Add the chicken, ¼ cup of water, the Sweet Chili Sauce, and the bay leaves. Bring to boil..
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes, adding more water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed..
- Stir in the bok choy and broccoli and continue to simmer until it is wilted, about 5 more minutes..
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink..
- Make the Rice: While the adobo is simmering, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with a pinch of..
- Salt, ¾ cup of water and the coconut milk..
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes..
- Bring It All Together: Evenly divide the rice between two bowls..
- Spoon half of the Chicken Adobo on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions to serve!..
This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce. Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar I've done some research, and while there are a lot of chicken adobo recipes out there that don't. Chicken adobo is probably one of our most requested dishes of all time.